<$BlogRSDURL$>

10.31.2004

Halloween Good, Unprepared BAD! 


Hell, I was again not ready for Halloween. This is truly a shame as each year I fritter away August 1st thru October 30th ruminating over just what my costume might be. Unfortunately for my ultimate happiness, this time of year I’m often thigh-high or neck-deep in the midst of any other important thing. The result: little ol’ Halloween takes a back seat.

Although: not all was lost for 2004. As a last minute attempt to stave off the neighborhood gangs, Ms. Lynn and I cut up pumpkins and laid-out candy.

Forget answering the door, we live on the third floor of a walk-up. Instead we left the candy bowl on the front steps with a polite note asking the literate to take only what they could carry. Lynn refilled the damned thing every half hour for about two hours and that was that. We suspect that at least three kids left with goods.

Please don’t think me crass for my flip attitude toward the youth of today. In my time I was well known for attempting to steal the tires off your Chevy if I didn’t like the candy you were offering. I guess the night was simply my way of giving back to the community.

As for the pumpkins, mine was inspired by some dumb-ass quick sketch done on the back of yesterday’s newspaper while aficionados of Japanese art will notice Lynn rendered a perfect Yoshitomo Nara
http://www.sweatyfrog.com/nara.html

Let there be no question as to the artistic merit of this household.

Be Well
dannyboy

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?